Keio University Old Library
This magnificent building, designed by Sone Tatsuzo and Chujo Seiichiro, is a masterpiece of Gothic architecture. It was completed in 1912, with funds donated for the commemoration of the 50th anniversary of the founding of Keio University. Despite sustaining damage during the Great Kanto Earthquake and air raids in WWII, it was restored, and later designated as a National Important Cultural Property. Following renovations protecting the building from earthquakes, our museum opened on its second floor in 2021.